5. Season 2 of GLOW (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling) continues the brilliant story of these kick-ass, flawed, edgy, colourful, misfit female characters; who happen to make us all question what we’re really saying when we say “I’m not racist/sexist/homophobic but…”
The Welfare Queen
Beirut The Mad Bomber
4. The honest depiction of female relationships is everything!! The raw dynamic between Ruth (Alison Brie) and Debbie (Betty Gilpin) as they try to repair their friendship is real AF. This reveals the good, the bad and the ugly of most female bonds; confirming that feminism is not about attacking men, but mostly about not attacking each other.
3. The writers throw a little #MeToo and #Weinstein storylines in for the sake of relevance; giving this modern nightmare a little light relief but cementing more than ever, that this sort of behaviour has been around longer than we all dare to admit. Ruth’s incident shows that women can be victimised and empowered at the same time but also why women shy away from opening up about these awful events, which is a real eye-opener and damn shame!!
2. The style is so so soooo 80s, at it’s best. Welcome to a time when the fashun code was ‘more is more’. You are in for a treat! Get ready for some big hair and blue glitter eye shadow inspo.
1. The soundtrack is E P I C, filled with bangin, deadly, schweet, sick, jams!! I mean, sure we all love a bit of nostalgia but these tunes matched with the rise and fall of these characters is a power combo made in glam heaven. Psst! If you need a workday pick me up, give the below a spin.